1. Eat every 2-3 hours to keep your energy up. Aim for 3-6 meals a day. Plans (calories) can vary, but principles remain pretty much the same. Get some help with setting your calorie ranges or for more individual needs. Food selection is also just as important as the amount you eat. Also consider the timing of the foods you eat. You are WHEN you eat as well.
2. Drink plenty of clean water. Water ranges can also vary; 60-120 oz. a day seems to be a good range to get started. Drink water. Sip coffee and tea.
3. Choose plant based foods as a main part of your diet (70-90%). Countless studies support plant based diets (stay clear of GMO's). Here are 7 key workout foods to help you.
4. Get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. Sleep is when you body rejuvenates and regenerates itself. Also, if you are super active take a day and tone down your activity levels.
5. Avoid junk food at all costs. Not only are they full of chemicals, but junk foods wreak havoc on your blood sugar, and disrupt metabolism. Do you hear any metabolic noise? More on that later.
6. Approach fitness with a long-term, lifestyle philosophy. Skip the instant transformation idea. You set yourself up for failure and frustration. Set SMART goals. Read more.
7. Make working out #1 on your daily task list. It builds the confidence and the discipline you need to tackle the other areas of your life. Remember the last article I put out? Fitness is a gateway. Read it again. Click here.
8. Give yourself a break. Go ahead and cheat a little here and there, but never let the WEAKend make your WEAK. Be 100% committed, 90% of the time.