When we align ourselves with a mission that matters to us we can become unstoppable. Becoming "mission specific" will involve a hard look at what you really want in life (setting goals). You can commit yourself to a mission on four levels: physically, emotionally, mentally, and as I stated through alignment with your goals.
Here are 6 steps to help you over the hurdles and reach your goals:
1. Identify your mission. What matters most to you? Ask yourself that question with zero judgment (no right or wrong here).
2. Manage and channel your energy. Your physical energy requires you to eat something every 2-3 hours. Create emotional energy by connecting with loved ones. Mental recovery comes from changing tasks to avoid burnout.
3. Understand "stress" as a friend. Stress stimulates growth. It CAN help you get stronger. Tough times mold you.
4. Train like a warrior or athlete. If an athlete can recover in 20 seconds or 2 minutes so can you. You can learn a lot about yourself from training hard. Read more.
5. Change your story. Life never has to be a marathon or linear or even non-stop. Look at life as a story that you are writing as you go. You may have many missions!
6. Become your life mission (s). Ever notice full gyms in January, but come July they are empty? Empty parking lots and empty promises. The no-shows failed to change their story. If it becomes part of who you are it is an easy decision for you. One of your most important mantras should be: "I exercise daily because it is who I am."
Post a Comment