We have to earn everything in life...
We have to earn our bodies through proper training (if you want to be fit).
We earn our outcomes (most of them) by developing the brain power to make great decisions (especially if you want to be fit).
We earn our meals by working hard on our bodies and brains (if you want to be fit).
We even earn those cheat meals (never cheat weeks). What did you indulge in this last weekend?
All the areas of our lives need improvement. Hard (and smart) work is required to improve fitness (and just about everything else in life).
Massive action (start with daily tweaks) needs to occur to really make the life you dream of.
You still have dreams correct?
Below are 10 pillars you can adopt to take control of your fitness and your life:
1. Eradicate dead, wasted time. Use your commute to get better. Use audio books, podcasts, or focus on gratitude development. You can also set the tone of the day with the right music too!
2. Practice deep breathing. This reduces stress by increasing oxygen to your cells therefore increasing relaxation. This also helps fight off impulsiveness and metabolic noise (cravings).
3. Practice more smiling (one of my focuses). Smiling shows strength. It shows you are in control and when you in control you definitely worry less. Smiling helps program your mind to look at challenges as opportunities.
4. Use belief to catapult you. Being sure about something can help shape outcomes (even destiny). Be clear on what you want to get near the outcomes you desire. It would be wise to seek help here (goal setting, actions plans, etc).
5. Embrace toughness. You will be tested in a focused fitness program (and in life); your will, courage, strength, and resolve. It will hurt. Push yourself a bit more. What is the worst that can happen? Either way you still probably get better at some things if not several things.
6. Adopt relentlessness in your pursuit of becoming more fit. Quitters never win. You stand a chance if you stay the proper course.
7. Rest and recover (rinse and repeat). For consistency, shoot for 8 hours a night and engage in proper recovery from workouts (seek help here). Quality sleep helps boost immunity and mental function. It also is needed for muscle recovery. Naps (polyphasic sleep) are great too and underrated!
8. Prepare for the next day and set objectives before bed. What are your objectives for the next day or week? Try a Sunday planning session so the week stays with you. This will do wonders for your productivity. Try it!
Remember this...your meaning in life (your why) is different than your objective(s) in life. Your actions (hopefully weekly) are your objectives. These two things should be in harmony however.
9. Unplug, get offline. There are such things as technoference, social fatigue, low-battery anxiety, and even nomophobia (no mobile phone phobia). We check our phones and such 50-100 times a day (maybe more). This fight between dopamine and cortisol (explain later) can wreak havoc on our metabolism. Enough is enough.
10. Fuel your brain. This can be a bit complex, but there are many ways to turn the brain on and dump the accumulative brain fog. 3 things to think about: cleansing, nourishment, and revitalization.
Achieving human optimization...
There are many ingredients that can help you achieve human optimization. Whatever you desire to focus on remember this...
You have to earn it. It will be yours.
Everyone has something to teach you if you are willing to listen. Too many times major learning opportunities fall on deaf ears. The more knowledge you have and can apply the better champion you will be.
It comes down to this...
Earn your muscle, meals, and metabolism.
Take control of your chemistry and your movement and you can take control of your life.